Meathead hats
Test knitting pattern for Larissa (http://larissmix.typepad.com)... I actually made 4 - one light grey (DH), two cream (me, cousin Marci), and one spring green (cousin Amy) but didn't get pics of all of them. Embellishment on DH's is a modified crocheted snowflake and on mine is flower and modified leaf (from two different Knitty patterns - Tiny Tether and some flower scarf thing).
Each hat takes one skein (or less - one time I had 10 yds or so left) of Lamb's Pride Bulky (used doubled). Quite cute and soft. I've tried to warn the cousins about the felting possibility, but all else fails, they can give them to their kids. The cousins' husbands want them too, so now I have to figure out how to get LP Bulky in Hawaii without spending a fortune on mailing.
Overall pattern is a winner!
Each hat takes one skein (or less - one time I had 10 yds or so left) of Lamb's Pride Bulky (used doubled). Quite cute and soft. I've tried to warn the cousins about the felting possibility, but all else fails, they can give them to their kids. The cousins' husbands want them too, so now I have to figure out how to get LP Bulky in Hawaii without spending a fortune on mailing.
Overall pattern is a winner!


No comments:
Post a Comment