Monday, September 25, 2006

Stripey hat for sis


knittedobj_20060911_01
Originally uploaded by cstalder.
Pattern: none -- just did 2x2 rib for a mult of 8 sts
Yarn: "Vero" 100% wool (not superwash) from yarn store in Estes Park (I forget name)... 1/2 skein blues, 1/2 skein grey/black
Needles: US 7, but had to finish top with US3 DPNs... I didn't really notice it being too bad. I was in LAX waiting for my return flight and wanted to finish.

Story: Sis drove me to yarn shop as we were taking a break from the festival and she liked this yarn so as 'present' for taking me to build stash (I had brought an extra suitcase for express purpose) I agreed to make hat. I was mostly done by the time I had to start getting ready for the 'Honored Guest Banquet'... my hairdo (non-existant as you can see on my Flickr page) suffered a little for the last minute getting ready.

No comments: