So much to talk about, so little time...
Ok, so, not that I was ever a very 'regular' blogger, but I've actually had excuses now -- like moving across the Pacific Ocean and a whole continent, buying a new condo (after selling the one in Honolulu), and starting a new job. DH is also trying to finish up the work of his last six years and that's been stressful to say the least.
In July we also saw parts of each of our families and before that we had the great pleasure of going to Brian's 10 yr HS reunion. (I assume mine will happen in the fall, or maybe at Thanksgiving, and considering we are actually in the state I was born and raised in, it's actually a possibility we might go.) Totally off-topic.
Now a few knitting-related reasons I haven't blogged - 1) I got my ravelry invite just before we moved, 2) started (and have yet to finish) kilt hose/knee socks for my BIL who has enormous (wide, not long) feet, 3) in all the traveling around a new place I had to check out a few (read at least 10) yarn stores. From Maine to North Shore (Massachusetts, not Hawaii) to the Berkshires... lots of new potential projects (as I like to refer to my stash) are in the wings.
Speaking of potential projects... in starting this new job I also scored a new knitting friend!! Yay! Kriscrafts just so happens to have her office about 20 feet (or 30) from me. And she's introduced me to the Knitsmiths who seem like a great snb in the Boston area. And (back to potential projects) - I think I'm going to go to RHINEBECK. It would be almost a shame if I didn't, considering I don't know how long I'm going to be on the East Coast, but I didn't know anyone, blah, blah... but now I do.
So right AFTER I finish these 18" tall, 17" around kilt hose, I will be starting on my TWO Rhinebeck sweaters (clearly not required, but encouraged). I'm thinking the Fitted Knits U-neck Vest in some green Cash Iroha I scored on sale at Halcyon Yarns in Maine and Kate Gilbert's A Cardigan for Arwen in some cream colored UltraAlpaca I got in Florida (Unwind in Fort Walton Beach, if you're in the area). Of course, I also just bought some dark teal Zara (dk merino) that might want to be made into something... three Rhinebeck sweaters? Naw, I probably need to make some yummy socks too once the kilt hose are out of my system. I didn't say that I couldn't swatch for them, I've got to be prepared, right? Oh, and there is a brand new baby I need to knit something for - maybe a hat. And finish the Kate Gilbert Keyhole Top too - but that's almost done! Maybe I'll actually get to wear it before it's cold (?!).
That's it for now... check out my flickr for pics. I've been taking a lot more stash and WIP pics due to ravelry so there are quite a few new pictures, but of course, if you're on ravelry just check me out there -- carrie4sprycraft. And feel free to friend me if you have actually met me in person.
1 comment:
sounds like you have a few things in the wings! I did Arwen, it's a great pattern - and way handy here in the cold NE area. Can't wait to see what you decide to tackle first, for rhinebeck or just plain knitting...
Post a Comment