Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Anthropologie capelet from Craftster.org


Another one that I completed long ago, but, better late than never.
Needle size: as recommended, I think, or maybe 1 size bigger
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky from Little Knits (I think)

Not a great shot, and I usually actually wear it pinned at the neck. Overall, like the top down/try-it-on-as-you go style, and this was a pretty easy first 'top'. I actually purchased a French Girl pattern similar to this that has a couple variations for sleeve length (3/4 vs. short) and neck type (scoop vs. mandarin). I made that in Rowan Big Wool (don't get it wet - it weighs a ton!) with the mandarin collar and elbow sleeves (ran out of yarn). The reason I mention that is it has a much nicer front edging that is a double 2 stitch twist cable if I remember correctly. So if I made this again, I'd probably use that edging.
But here I did moss, not ribbing, on the bottom, sleeves and front.
Hmmm... I think that's it. Oh, and I only used 1.5 balls of yarn, so I have an extra ball of Cashmerino I have to figure out what to do with... suggestions?

No comments: