Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Secret Pal Box #2 -- Yay!






I came home tonight to find not only my order from Little Knits with my Cashmerino Bulky to make the Anthropologie shrug (ala Craftster) and all my other goodies from them, but also to see a box from my SP!!!
I was so excited to open it but I had to wait until after I made dinner.
I dug right in, but did stop to take a couple pictures prior to tearing off the wrapping. I love unwrapping presents and these were some great ones. First off, there was a great autumn-y card picturing the trees with leaves turning colors - I totally miss that. My SP has figured out my weakness for gift giving and so I'm thrilled to say she sent me a couple of very handy satin ribbon labels inside the sweet card (saying "knitted with love" and 'hand wash only' and cold wool wash) AND "Handknit by You" cards from the Loopy Ewe! I love these and they are simple enough I could make more myself. I like that they have holes punched in them for a butterfly of extra yarn.
She also sent:
- a double tiered sweater dryer (always useful and folds for packing, though it attacked me when I took it out of the package :),
- the cute sock blocker keychain with instructions for a mini sock (love it - taking it with me on the trip),
- a new needlesizer and magnifying gauge measure (my other one is in sorry shape, but I probably wouldn't have replaced it and now I don't have to!)
-a chocolate tulip lolly (yum!)
-a fun froggie stitchmarker all the way from the UK with a nice big ring
-a www.teachknitting.com lanyard (great for my badge at work -- all the other engineers need to learn to knit!)
-a knitpicks circ - US3 24"... I've been wanting to see how they compare to Addi's and now I'll get the chance!
and last but not least ---
my very own pair of Knitlites! These are some massive straights, but as my SP pointed out they are so fun and novelty-esque that every knitter should have a pair. I believe in rewarding those who had a good idea - and, man, did they have a good idea or what!?!
Anyway, to my SP, thank you, thank you! It was a total surprise when I opened the package locker that there were 2 boxes and I love everything! Thank you for your hard work putting it together and I hope you feel better soon :>
Have a great Thanksgiving! I'll be a few hundred miles away rather than a few thousand, but not close enough to drop in (now that I know your address)... Yay! this made my day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, I am glad you got your box before your trip. Have a great one. I am not sure which part of California you are visiting but it is in the low 50s in the Bay Area this week.

Your Secret Pal