Friday, November 10, 2006

Gifts for the 2nd cousins





DH and I are going to see his 2nd cousins at Thanksgiving... there are 4 of them and they range in age from about 6 months to about 5 years. So I'm busting out the needles and hooks for some simple but cute and practical machine washable presents.
#1 for Jacob - a duck bib (hopefully to be joined soon by an amigurumi 'rubber' ducky
#2 for Aidan - a charcoal and red fair isle hat with a wavy ribbed edge (slip stitch in the middle stitch)
#3 for Ashton - a white and red fair isle hat with a picot hemmed edge and crazy deadly pompoms for twirling and making himself sick :)
#4 for Kendrick - an aqua fair isle with white snowflakes (hopefully this will be finished soon... maybe tonight)

I found all the patterns online and combined them with my Ann Budd 'patterns' gauge size charts as necessary. My gauge might be off on the hats, but they have sort of big heads and the best part about knitting for kids is that they grow into them.
I just have to make enough things to leave there so that all my fiber purchases can come back with me.... hahahaha!

No comments: