Saturday, October 7, 2006

Dead in Sockwars, Holiday gifts and SP9 supplemental questions

I didn't get as much knitting done this week as I wished... work and all. I was also hoping to have received and been able to send out another pair of deadly socks for Yarn-Monkey's sockwars before I received my own deadly socks. But to no avail. I received my socks on Thursday evening, and the UFO socks from my target have yet to arrive. Note to everyone: do not send First Class mail if you want it to get to someone in Hawaii in less than 2 weeks! She sent them on Tuesday 9/26... and nothing here yet.
Enough with that.. I totally love my green Chester Farm wool socks from my assassin. Pics soon.
Even with the somewhat break in knitting this week, I was able to finish the Fetching (Knitty Summer 06) wristwarmers for my sister to match the Ripley hat (Knitwhits) I made. I just started "The Pink Lady Bag" (Designs by Shelley) for one of my nieces. I should be felting both of them (they are twins so I'm making 2 in different color schemes) by the end of this weekend.
I'm working on some other holiday gifts but I don't know who reads my blog... so I'm not really going to talk about it. But I will plug the site I'm using for tracking my to-make list...Hiveminder.com! It's still a beta, but it's pretty solid.

I'm now sitting/slouching on my chaise because I'm all sore from 3 days in a row of softball games and a 2.5 mi walk on Friday morning. I took a break from the purse-knitting and am surfing the web, and thinking about SP9 and maybe other swaps. I got the first email from my SP9 hostess and we might get our pal assignments this weekend! I've been trying to go through the participant list and check out other people's answers to the questionnaire and somehow I found Jody's 'supplemental' questions and thought I might answer them too... so here goes:

1. Where is your favorite knitting spot?
A: I would definitely have to say that my spot is the aforementioned chaise. It's right next to the windowwall adjoining my lanai so I get a bit of a breeze and I have a great view of our new 32" flat screen HDTV.

2. If you suddenly could never knit again (shudder) - what would you do instead?
A: I might go back to sewing, but that's not nearly as portable... probably crochet, not that I've tried it more than chain stitch and the simplest edging, but if I had to choose something...

3. If you could travel anywhere in the world - where would you go and why?
A: Wow, anywhere in the world. I do love to travel - the research and planning, the challenge and new experiences, seeing how though there are many differences everyone is more the same than different. I think I would have to choose Italy because I spent so much of my high school years in Latin Club learning about Roman History that I have to see it, plus I love Italian food.

4. When you were little - What did you want to do "when you grew up?" Are you doing it?
A: I think I wanted to be a doctor. Or maybe my mom wanted me to be a doctor, but I will say that I do like to be a caretaker and blood and things don't bother me, so maybe that, or being a nurse will be my second or third career, since we're never going to be able to retire... Nope, not a doctor, I work as an engineer and project manager in the defense industry.

5. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
A: Great question! I love strawberry ice cream. Especially from Friendly's!

So enough of a break, back to the knitting and TiVo'ed Men in Trees.

No comments: