Sunday, October 8, 2006

Anna's Ripley hat from Knitwhits, pre-felting and post-felting, and Fetching wristwarmers


I knitted this hat for my sister after she saw me knitting one for Jack Frazier (see previous post) in similar colors. She also asked for one that would coordinate with the boucle dbl seed stitch scarf I had knitted for her last holidays. She also went with me, patiently, to the Stitchin' Den in Estes Park, CO while we were there for the Longs Peak Irish-Scottish Festival, so I told her she could pick out some yarns...









This was knitted with Cascade 220 tweed (charcoal) and Catalina (silk/alpaca) and US 7 bamboo circs and DPNs. The hat was a little big after I washed it so I decided to felt it a little.
I had some of both yarns left so I also made her Fetching wristwarmers from Knitty.



UPDATE: Here is the felted hat and wristwarmers prior to mailing.

No comments: