Monday, September 25, 2006

Anouk jumper for Sophia F.


knittedobj_20060921_07
Originally uploaded by cstalder.
Pattern: Anouk from Knitty
Yarn: Pima Tencel (oh so soft... but it fluffs and pills a little in the wash, and my couch and my clothes are covered in the lint from it)
Needles: US8

Story: Started a long time ago when I heard one of our friends (now living in Princeton) was having her 2nd baby... and finished and mailed for her 6 month birthday! I made the 12 month size, so she should still be able to grow into it, and as it says in the pattern, it can be used as a top when the skirt is too short, which I think is great! And it has lots of buttons so it's pretty 'easy-in/easy-out'...
My first try at intarsia (pockets)... I frogged the very first, first one, b/c it was way too loose. I started doing a twist of the working yarn with the other color in the stitch before I started working the other color which helped, but I still need to improve...

I enjoyed knitting it and might try different yarn (and colors) next time. I also need to figure out the tension I need on the collar, which did something funny too.
Knitty's yarn quantities were WAY off for me... I have almost enough to knit a whole other one. But I'll find something to do with it I'm sure.

No comments: